7.19.2006

The Opening of Twenties

FADE IN:

EXT - SOCCER FIELD - DAY

A guy in his twenties runs down the field dribbling the ball cutting thru defenders like they are nothing. He is at the goals.

As he goes to shoot he turns his foot slightly.

The ball goes flying to the net but bounces right off the pole. The crowd, what little there is, groans.

The guy turns to the sideline and gives a little nod and then he works his way down the field.

CUT TO:

INT - A NOISY COLLEGE BAR - NIGHT

Another guy in his twenties is at the bar talking with a couple of other guys.

THE CONNECTION

I can guarantee what our score will be. And you know what they are capable of. What I need is some dough for my guy and someone safe to make the bet with.

CUT TO:

INT - ACOLLEGE APARTMENT BEDROOM - DAY

A guy and a hot girl lay in bed together.

HOTTIE

OH MY GOD! I can’t believe you can do that.

THE PLAYER

They don’t call me “Fingers” for nothing.

HOTTIE

Wow. That was amazing.

THE PLAYER

So you will have your brother meet with my roommate? It’s a good deal for both sides.

HOTTIE

Oh yeah it is.

The girl giggles and nods and they go back to getting it on.

CUT TO:

INT - AN EMPTY COLLEGE CLASSROOM - DAY

Four guys (three we have already seen before and a fourth who is new) sit around the classroom with the doors closed.

THE BRAINS

I can’t believe I hadn’t thought of this before. You’re serious that her brother can get this done?

THE PLAYER

Yup. Serious as I always am about the chicas. Apparently he is the team manager or some shit like that.

THE BRAINS

You can control our score? No ethics issues?

THE JOCK

What are ethics? It’s done.

THE BRAINS

You can handle the money and the bets?

THE CONNECTION

Yeah. Let me handle the deal too. Me alone. That leaves less liability for everyone else.

THE BRAINS

We all in?

THE PLAYER

Been in with the fingers for awhile.

THE JOCK

Fuck that. I am in.

THE PLAYER

In like Flynn only except without the five girls around.

CUT TO:

Opening Credits

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home