7.31.2006

Sahara

What is it about this movie that I get a goofy smile and pleasure from watching this film each viewing? There are so many things wrong with this film that I should just want to trash it, but since the first time I saw it, every time I watch it it makes me smile and I usually end up watching it again.

By the way, this is a perfect double feature with National Treasure, another movie I should have a lot of problems with; yet, I enjoy the hell out of that film as well.

Oh, and the score by Clint Mansell is the best Bond score not done for a Bond movie. I really wish there was a CD with just Mansell's score. Mansell's music is just perfect and make s me wish they had used it throughout the film. If they ever do get the chance to do another Dirk Pitt film (highly unlikely since Cussler is suing them), I would hope they would bring Mansell back to do a Dirk Pitt theme.

[Edited to add, I found Mansell's score for this on Amazon.]


Really, I think if this film had a stronger screenwriter it would have been a lot better as a film; but then I wonder if I would enjoy it as much? And, more roles like Dirk Pitt are what McConaughey should be doing rather than crap like Failure to Launch.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home