9.01.2006

Your Weekend

Well besides drinking yourself into an oblivion after realizing it is going to be another long season since we have no offensive line, I have a suggestion.

Go grab as many guy friends as you can, tell the women to get their ass in the kitchen and make some pie, then go watch a double feature of Beerfest (American men showing the Germans how the fuck quarters is played) and Crank (Jason Statham causing mayhem and destruction while spanking Amy Smart's ass in public).

By the way, The Rock really needs to just take some time and go study with Statham and find out what it takes to have a decent action career. I mean the guy should be doing these kind of movies as well and less Gridiron Gang, which might be good; but I won't see it till it comes to Netflix.

Really, what does it take for the Rock to get back to doing more movies like The Rundown? That was a great little action movie with some nice innovation at times. My favorite piece is watching The Rock destroy the mining town while the pilot quoted Dylan Thomas. I have yet to see the Walking Tall remake but it looks like a semi-decent way to spend a late night. Doom I have no freaking desire to see.

The Rock has charisma and acting chops to take over and bring us some great action roles. Now he just needs a decent team behind the camera to help him do that. I applaud his taking chances on roles, but the ones he takes a chance on seem to backfire since the movies are not that good.

But Statham has the two Transporter flicks and now Crank. His brief appearance in Collateral had me wondering what chaos and death he would cause at the end. I have to say I was disappointed not to see him do more in that, but I am sure that is why Mann placed him there.

By the way, Devin Faraci from Chud.com has a great review of Crank, and this to me should be the blurb on all the posters:

"Seriously, when I tell you that Crank is amoral, I mean it. If you’re easily offended, this is probably not the film for you."


Its Labor Day weekend, College Football is starting (Notre Dame vs Georgia Tech tomorrow night on ABC) and there are actual movies geared towards adult males. What more could you ask for (besides maybe televised New Zealand All Blacks games and maybe EPL scores actually being broadcast in real time on ESPN and for State to have an offensive line)? So go grab some bourbon and some beer, grill some meat, and go watch some asskicking.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home