10.20.2006

Neill Blomkamp, Director of HALO?

Well, with this morning's news that Universal and Fox are pulling out of financing HALO as a film, I decided to go check out Neil Blomkamp's (the man who is supposed to direct the film) reel of work. And I have to say I am really impressed, especially by the last two pieces on his reel. The last two pieces are especially what got me. Both play out like a documentary news broadcast, and I could see where he might use this same approach in parts of a HALO film. The effects work is very good and never looks cheesy (which makes me wonder how can he have such good FX work in these small pieces and SciFi Channel has for the most part exceptionally crappy CGI work in most of their films?).

Peter Jackson and incant films says they are still continuing on with pre-production. Hopefully someone will cough up the money for the film. Personally, I think Microsoft just needs to go ahead and finance this one themselves. I think it would be the first step in the new tech taking down old tech.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home