11.12.2006

Kinky Friedman Lost

Kinky Friedman lost his bid to be governor of Texas. He said on Imus in the Morning:

"Texas turned it's back on the cowboy. And the Indian. Makes you want to give up on the state and the horse it rode in on."

Kinky of course will not give up on Texas. I can't say I will give up on Texas either, having spent enough time there visiting and living, and given that it is the country my son was born in, I will never give up on the state. I truly hope Kinky does set up his shadow government.

I was excited about the election on Tuesday. And then Wednesday there was the excitement of Rumsfeld being replaced. Then Thursday the hangover began and so did the dissatisfaction begin.

First off, the humans in the northeast elected two of the most anti-free speech and video game candidates on any ticket: Clinton and Lieberman. The two of them could partner with Tipper Gore and we could watch as the First Amendment is stripped down to meaning free speech only for old, white people who still think Lawrence Welk is hip 9and he was never hip). Second, several states told gays they could not be married. This is moronic and unfair frankly. As Kinky said in his campaign, gays should have the right to be just as miserable as straight folks with marriage.

I have no real faith the Dems will do anything great with the power they have. I am happy to see a check and balance to government, but if the dems don't come in and re-establish Habeas Corpus and repeal the President's new found right to declare martial law at will, then they will have failed and failed early. I also believe the vast majority of those who have been there longer than one term are corrupt anyway.


So no, I don't think this is some great change in politics coming. It will be more of the same, only with the money coming from different billionaires (or in some cases the billions will come from the same place the accounts will just be different).

I hope at some point we have some leaders I can believe in, but right now I don't think I really see any I care strongly about in this group.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home