4.01.2007

Dad is Learning

So Geek Dad has inspired me as well as become my new addiction. Really, I read that blog and start thinking of everything I can and want to do with Sean Patrick. At the same time it inspires me to start learning and re-learning so I will be better able to explain things to him.

This relearning idea has been going on for awhile now. Sean Patrick is addicted to Thomas the Tank Engine. I know this will lead to him being interested in model trains and real trains. So I know I am going to have to go dig out Stephen Ambrose's Nothing Like it in the World so I will have a background on how the Transcontinental Railroad was built. I want to know about trains from history to engineering so that I can explain it to him and have the answers to his questions and know where to point him to find information.

Yesterday we went to Michael's and I wound up buying a balsa wood airplane so he and I could play with it today. I tried teaching him about the moving the wings around would make it fly different. I think he was just excited to see an airplane fly across the condo.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home