2.03.2009

Corruption - The Don's Demise

Something I wrote the other day. Figured I should throw something up here since it has been a couple of days. From Care Forgot/Corruption:

CUT TO:

EXT - A WHARF - NIGHT

The two Italian gentlemen from the restaurant at the beginning of the film are there with the Don's Kid. Things are not going well for him.

DON'S KID
Look. You can't do this. Come on, you guys were with my dad. You can't do this. I'm the don. I'm the boss.

TONY
You know, if you're dad was still around he woul dbe out here with us. As it is,pretty sad and young guy like you can't take on two old men.

VINNIE
You know, this is long overdue. Sometimes you have to set things straight.

DON'S KID
Guys come on. I'll change. I promise. No more stupid deals or not following advice.

VINNIE
You know, the kid was right. He told us a long time ago you were going to cause problems.

TONY
You know, he said the old times were ending and we had to readjust. But we didn't listen. In some ways I feel bad, this is our fault.

VINNIE
You know, you're right.

DON'S KID
See, come on guys. Let me go.

TONY
You know, we can't stop now though. I mean we let him go now, he's gonna squeal.

VINNIE
You know, if not now then on some drug binge.

TONY
You know, you got an final words or thoughts you might want to say them now. Maybe some prayers. Might be good for ya to pray.

DON'S KID
What? Like this? In the river? Oh come on guys. You can't toss me in the river. At least make it clean.

VINNIE
You know we would, but one we like the old ways. And two, maybe the few minutes you have down there will make you see the error of your ways and allow for you to make amends.

DON'S KID
HOW AM I GOING TO MAKE AMENDS IF I AM DROWNING?!?!?

Tony slaps him upside the head.

TONY
You know, you never have learned to show respect. Now watch your tone and take it like a man. Or as much a man as you can.

Tony and Vinnie lift the kid in chains and weight and drag and carry him to the edge.

DON'S KID
PLEASE! PLEASE!PLEASE! DON'T LET ME DROWN ....

They toss him into the water. And they walk away.

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home