6.04.2010

A Drunken Woman Piece

I have all these little bits (mostly dialogue scenes), but no real story to go behind them. I have titled them A Drunken Woman since that is the main protagonist. The first speaker is the woman. The second is her friend a man. They are sort of a platonic Nick & Nora. Like I said, I have no story yet to go with any of their pieces besides the fact they both are unrepentant drinkers (sometimes I think this might turn into a production story, sometimes I think it might turn into a con story). I enjoy writing them and spending time with them:

"Are you hungover?"

"I wish people would stop asking me that in the morning. A little like asking is the sky blue. Yes, I am still newly awake and hungover. I will be hungover until I can start drinking again."

"Wow you are cranky."

"I am sober, I am hungover, I am awake, and it is very bright out."

"It is called the sun."

"Turn it the fuck off."

"You are giving me way too much ammo when I am sober."

"Its ok. You will get drunk and forget."

"Will not."

"Where did you leave your shoes last night?"

"Shut up. I was drunk when I lost them."

"And where did you get that shirt from?"

"No comment."

"See."

"I was drunk. I am sober now. I will remember."

"No you won't. You have either killed the brain cells you need to remember or you will kill the ones you are using right now to remember what I am saying."

"So, how come you seem to remember everything?"

"I don't. I just remember what is useless and what I can use against people later."

Copyright 2010 Casey Moore

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home