9.07.2010

What's Left of the Coliseum Theater in New Orleans

This is the site of the old Coliseum Theater on the corner of Thalia and Coliseum in New Orleans. Theater burned down while I was on Benjamin Button. I never went there, but it is always sad to see an old theater gone. Not sure who recently bought the property or what they are going to do with it. I have said if the Nelson Building was smart they would have bought it and turned it into a screening room for the productions which are here; but I doubt they are that forward or progressive in their thinking.






Labels: , , ,

3 Comments:

Blogger Stephen said...

You are wrong about the "Nelson Bldg" they are very communtinity minded and have contributed much to that area. They have purchased other buildings in the area and preserved them. I grew up in that area and I am very thankful for their effort.

10:53 AM  
Blogger Stephen said...

Just to let you know they finished demolishing the stairs and the slab the other day. It is all gone now.

11:11 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

I never said anything about them being community minded. I was talking about their adapting to the fact that one half of their building is currently taken up by Film and TV productions and companies associated with the industry.

I thought it would have been a great idea for them to have bought the property and turned it into a private screening house. It would have given them an extra boost in keeping productions coming there especially with others in the city now offering competition.

Said that it is all gone. Parked a lot by that site just because of how it looked.

10:53 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home