7.03.2012

Heathen

“Hey yall! How was Mass?

“Mass was good Uncle Ernie.”

“Yeah, Mass was good. You should try it.”

“I leave that to you. I hope prayers were offered for my soul?”

“Prayers are always offered for everyone’s soul.”

“Always good to know.”

“Daddy, why can’t I stay home on Sundays and watch TV like Uncle Ernie?”

“Because you are not a heathen.”

“Ha!”

“What’s a heathen?”

“Someone who enjoys pleasure rather than going to Church.”

“Is that the same as a pagan?”

“No a pagan doesn’t believe what we believe.”

“Yes. I am not a pagan buddy. I was an altar boy. Even your dad can’t say that.”

“Why not?”

“Because he was a latecomer to the faith.”

“I converted.”

“And the converted are always the most fervent.”

“You are still a heathen.”

“Not even sure how you got up this morning, and got ready for Mass.”

“It was painful. But that is being a good Catholic.”

“So a heathen sleeps in late?”

“Only a Sunday buddy.”

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home