1.17.2013

What constitutes a micro or no/low budget film to you?


So what constitutes a micro budget or no/low budget film for you? 

For me, anything sub a million dollars is a no/low budget film. That is where you start to get into the process of not being able to afford gear or crew, or you have to start borrowing gear and having crew work for free.

And a thought while thinking on this: the first film I worked on here in NOLA was a sub million dollar film. And IATSE was upset we were a non union show. And now, and I could be wrong about this, but IATSE won't touch a show with a budget below $2 million. In fact, the only union or guild I think that works on shows below $2 million is SAG. Everyone else I believe prices their crew out of that range which is a shame since 2 of the films I worked on last year had sub million dollar budgets.

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home