9.14.2014

Proof of Life 9.14.14

- Yes I am still alive. No much social time on this job. Not much love of social media or music. oh well. I will try and catch up at night and on the weekend. Posts ready to go through Thursday. Space program, Shakespeare, and movies.

- I finished The Silkworm this weekend. I am going to miss Cormoran Strike until the next book.

- Started reading A Man on the moon by Andrew Chaikan. Also, picked up a copy of The Astronaut Wives' Club. Going to get deep into books about Mercury, Gemini, and Apollo.

- I still need to finish my re-read of The Making of 2001: A Space Odyssey.

- I also have a copy of King Lear I need to read.

- We picked up the new Counting Crows album. Of course there are songs on there on my continued repeat. i could direct the hell out of a video for the song Possibility Days.

- We take our selves way too serious in my business. There is always a lot of money going into any production. A microbudget production generally costs well more than what I make in a year. People are usually shocked when I say a low budget film is under $20 million dollars (and really, you could raise that bar some). We spend a lot of time working on films and tv shows. And since it is an art, there is always the pressure to make something perfect and great. In the end though, we are making entertainment. That is what this is. Sure, we hope sometimes that it will inspire people or make a change in the world (I know I hope our show, along with Christopher Nolan's Interstellar, makes people begin to look up again and return to being explorers). This is entertainment. And it should be fun. And it should be treated as a career, not just a job.

- Finished the first run of Jason Aaron and Jason Latour's Southern Bastards. Great crime story. Started on Brubaker and Phillips' The Fade Out. L.A. Noir. I love comics.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home