6.26.2006

Premiere Magazine

Well, while we were away, I got my first two issues of Premiere Magazine. I wasn't expecting much from Premiere not having read it in a couple of years, but really the quality has gone down. It has become much more of a clelebrity glossy rather than a magazine about film.

Out of the two issues I have, the only article which really grabbed me was the oral history of comedy films with actors and directors talking about the comedies they made. That said, the oral history could have and should have taken up a lot more space and covered a lot more ground.

So Premiere a definate disappointment, but at least I didn't pay a lot for the subscription. I am hoping to get more out of Filmmaker and MovieMaker magazines. When I get my next gig I will do subs to Film Comment and Sight and Sound.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home