6.16.2006

Something to look forward to

From Warren Ellis' Bad Signal:

BAD SIGNAL
meeeeeeeee


I have been engaged by the American cable company
AMC to write the half-hour pilot for a TV series I created.
The contract calls the show "black comedy/science fiction."
Christina Wayne at AMC, who, along with Vlad Wolynetz
has just been unreasonably good to deal with, recently
described it as a "sf/entertainment-industry 'dramedy'."

As with all TV Things, everything could go horribly wrong.
But this is the deal I've been waiting for, with people who
understand the project and format I want to work in. And
you know something's going right when people in TV are
telling you to go more experimental and take more risks. T
his isn't your US network tv experience.

I'm writing the pilot at the moment. (And I should particularly
thank Joss Whedon and John Rogers for their insights into
the process.) More details will hopefully follow as the project
progresses. Or, you know, a tearstained screed if it doesn't.

-- W

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home