7.09.2006

Last Day of the World Cup

Well, I have to say it is a sad day today since after this we are back to only really having Fox Soccer Channel here in the states with the occasional game on one of the myriad ESPN networks.

The opening rounds were my favorite with two or three games a day being played and broadcast. I hope the next time around though, ESPN gets soe better commentators. The Mexico vs Iran match still sticks in my head as the worst televised match I have seen since the play by play guy spent the entire match talking about the Iran president and his troubles with the US.

I have to give props to the New Orleans Times-Picayune. They have had some pretty good coverage for a smaller market paper with semi daily write ups by the coach of our local PDL team.

I am excited about today. On one hand I want Italy to win since that would mean the US had at least tied the World Cup champ. On the other hand France winning would be like one last great hurrah.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home