10.05.2006

Benjamin Buttons Update

This post looks the way it does because I originally wrote it as a post for the Chud Message Boards.

So this will probably be my last post on this film since I start work on it tomorrow morning.

The art department for the film is taking up most of the Nims Center (http://www.digitalcinemastudio.com/) offices, the only real studio here in New Orleans. To give you an idea of what that means, I have worked there with two film productions taking up offices and a third using some offices and the main soundstage. Plus, the set dec for BB is using up the building next to the Nims Center (still a part of the studio and the old Chef Paul Prudhomme spice factory for those who that might mean something), for work on various items as well as storing vehicles.

I was there on Tuesday. Only props I really got to see were some trunks and luggage, some marked period luggage some marked modern luggage. Sorry I did not get to see more of the art dept, but I was there visiting friends and didn't think to take an exact report of what was on the walls and lying around the tables.

The film starts mid November and is going until March or April. I have been told two different end dates for the project, and both were from reliable people. I am not sure anyone has been given and firm end date yet. The longer the better for me, since it means more money and work.

They are looking for stand ins and extras. You can check out the following links for more info:

http://neworleans.craigslist.org/tfr/215665075.html

http://neworleans.craigslist.org/tfr/215605653.html

http://shutternola.com/
(Scroll down some on that page)

I hope this works for those of you who wanted some info on the project.

Personally I can't wait to go back to work. Outside of working for the Best Damn Sports Show Period last week, it has been a pretty quiet time for me since the middle of June (I worked consistently from December 26th through the middle of June). It was fine while my wife was on summer break, but as soon as she went back to work in August, I was ready to go too. The only thing to film in the New Orleans Area since the middle of June was A Perfect Day, a TNT movie starring Rob Lowe which filmed from the end of August thru September

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home