12.28.2006

Books in 2006 & 2007

My Old Man and the Sea
Ship of Gold in the Deep Blue Sea
Tourist Season
Double Whammy
The Thinking Fans Guide to the World Cup
Five Fists of Science
Scott Pilgrim, Vol 1: Scott Pilgrim's Precious Little Life
The Mind of the ModernMoviemaker
Batman Year 100
Stardust
Twelve Sharp
The Deep Blue Good-By
Nightmare in Pink
A Purple Place for Dying
Sanibel Flats
Maximum Bob
Hitchcock/Truffaut
Skin Tight
Native Tounge
Demon of the Waters
Conversations With Wilder
America's Victory
Hard Rain
Casion Royale
Fletch
Getting Stoned With Savages
Strip Tease
Stormy Weather
A Princess of Mars
A Personal Journey With Martin Scorsese Through American Movies
The Tempest
Lucky You
Sick Puppy


Looks like that will be the last one finished for the year. For the start of Next Year I have Basket Case to finish and then Hiassen's latest Nature Girl which I got for Christmas. Also need to finish Roving Mars and I am sure I will zip through Live and Let Die.

So for 2007, looking to work my way through the Trav McGee series by John D. MacDonald. Also the Bond series by Fleming. The only other series I am really looking forward to finishing is the John Rain series by Barry Eisler. I have several books by Nathaniel Philbrick I need to read, and I probably should pick up his book Mayflower as well. Several other books on sailing to read as well including the oft mentioned Sailing Alone Around the World. I aslo plan on reading several more books about the mutiny on the whaleship The Globe.

I hope to pick up the Taschin book on Michael Mann as far as film books go. Other than that, it has been awhile since I have seen a film book that really looked interesting. I will probably re-read at some point MovieMakers Master Class.

Looks like soon I will be re-reading A River Runs Through it as well as The Old Man and the Sea. I am sure I will also be reading more Shakespeare especially since it seems he is now proven to be good for the brain.

Labels:

1 Comments:

Blogger Barry Eisler said...

Many thanks Casey and I hope you enjoy the rest of the Rain series! Just finished the sixth one -- Requiem for an Assassin -- and am very pleased with it. It's out on June 26; enjoy!

Cheers,
Barry

4:24 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home