7.18.2008

Future Conversations - Heat

Was talking with Handa about wanting to see Heat and this future conversation with Sean Patrick came to mind:

"Son, have nothing in your life you can't walk out on in 30 seconds or less if you spot the heat coming around the corner."

"Yes daddy. And if I see them coming, brother, they are going down."

"Good boy."

Really, I love Heat. It makes my top ten list (The Thomas Crown Affair, Heat, Raiders of the Lost Ark, Citizen Kane, James Bond Films, Wizard of Oz, Stagecoach, Smokey and the Bandit, Star Wars). So I know at some point I am going to sit Sippy down and make him watch it. But really, you know this is going to cause problems? Especially since a lot of the movies I like are pretty bleak heist or spy films. What happens when the kid is at Jesuit telling some upperclassman that if he doesn't quit his yapping he is going to walk over there and snap his neck. Or when he is outnumbered he hits the girl "because you know you are going to get your ass kicked, but they have to live with the girl."

I forsee some problems on the horizon. I see a creation unwilling to get close to anyone and who has a very amoral compass. Ah, I love creating new things.

"Do you know him sir?"
"Know him? I created him."

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home