7.07.2008

NEW ORLEANS - HOMICIDE MYSTERY THING

Something which has been in my head for a few days now bouncing around. A mystery/homicide show set in New Orleans. Comes out of wanting a good mystery, probably more influenced by the shows on Mystery on PBS than anything else:

CUT TO:

THE LEAD

So, let’s go over some things.

PARTNER

Ok. What?

THE LEAD

You know you are lucky to be here, right?

PARTNER

Why, cause I am black?

THE LEAD

I am sorry? Did you get stupid between the walk between in there and the car? Is that it?

PARTNER

Look man. Its cool. I am used to it.

THE LEAD

Go back in there and get the guy I brought on. Please. Can you get him out here.

PARTNER

Alright.

THE LEAD

So, here is the thing. You are lucky you are here. I picked you. I brought you in. You have a double in Psych and Sociology. You’re doing night class law school. These are things I need. Plus you went to St. Aug. I can handle that.

PARTNER

Good to know.

THE LEAD

You are lucky because you are young and you are here and you get to help. So here is the deal. I am the lead detective on everything. I don’t care if you answer the phone first. Until I feel you are ready, I take the lead. Got it?

PARTNER

Yes.

THE LEAD

You don’t like it, you can go back in there and get one of those fat, lazy, corrupt pieces of shit who more than likely will treat you based on race.

PARTNER

So, you are going to treat me differently? Everything isn’t all white withyou?

THE LEAD

This city is 67 percent black. You think I can make things all white? Fuck that. I know this city. I understand it. And since I have been here through everything and didn’t run and didn’t rob any car dealerships, you can pretty well bet on me to stay here.

PARTNER

Sounds good. So why you bringing me up into this? Why do you want me?

THE LEAD

You made that gang murder. You worked it on your own and got it done. It showed intelligence and determination. Yes, you are black. We need black homicide cops. Sorry, race is a factor.

PARTNER

I understand, I made the case because they had to somewhat trust me.

THE LEAD

So things will not be easy for you. I will ride your ass like a cowboy at the pub.

PARTNER

Can live without that image

THE LEAD

Fine, I will be on your ass like a priest on an altar boy.

PARTNER

Too easy. I expect better.

THE LEAD

Good to know.

PARTNER

And where are we going?

THE LEAD

To work young un’. To work.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home