1.25.2009

The Candidate - Corruption

Piece I just worked on. Corruption is close to being finished. Just filling in little gaps here and there:

CUT TO:

INT - A CONFERENCE ROOM - NIGHT

The Irishman sits in a room at a conference table watching the TV. Some type of war room obviously from the round table to the documents on the tables with city precinct maps and info sheets.

THE IRISHMAN
I want that fucker found. Now! I want to know what the fuck just happened out there. I thought this was ours! Fuck he should not have conceded.

The two men who were in the room leave. As they leave, in walks The Candidate and other advisers including The Mentor. None of them look happy and all are talking in hushed tones.

THE CANDIDATE
So did I. You said you had all this handled. You said I didn't need people from out of town. And even with them and you, I still lost, so I want to know what the fuck happened today?

THE IRISHMAN
I will find out and I will fix it.

THE CANDIDATE
Fix it? Fix it? How the fuck do you think you can fix this? I am not going to put us through another Florida. Not to mention the fact I have already conceded. Your done. Jesus, I knew not to let you bastards in here. Everyone told me not to, but all those old family allegiances and shit. Get the fuck out of here! This is not the world of my father. This is the new world. Hell, I am not sure I even completely understand what the fuck is going on out there, but I at least knew things needed to change. And all your playing around this is what it gets us: a fucking loss. How after one of the worse moments in American history can we not unseat some of the people holding power? How do we let a city think they are the right fucking option?

THE MENTOR
Sir, we need to start thinking about the state now. The city maybe gone, but you still have your job. And we cans tart position for the next Governor's race or possibly Senate run.

THE CANDIDATE
OK. Let's get to work. Would someone please show this gentleman out (indicating The Irishman); he doesn't need to be a part of any future discussed in this room. Now let's get to work, Governor maybe depending on how the current governor does or maybe just stay where I am until the next city election. Let me start hearing thoughts and ideas people. We are still going to have to work to get this state and this area back to what it once was despite who is still the mayor. God help the people of this city, because they sure as hell don't deserve what they just put in power.

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home