7.21.2006

Books in 2006, another film book

My Old Man and the Sea
Ship of Gold in the Deep Blue Sea
Tourist Season
Double Whammy
The Thinking Fans Guide to the World Cup
Five Fists of Science
Scott Pilgrim, Vol 1: Scott Pilgrim's Precious Little Life
The Mind of the ModernMoviemaker
Batman Year 100
Stardust
Twelve Sharp
The Deep Blue Good-By
Nightmare in Pink
A Purple Place for Dying
Sanibel Flats
Maximum Bob
Hitchcock/Truffaut


Hitchcock/Truffaut
is one of the saddest ending books I have read in awhile. To realize the Hitchcock had basically accepted he could not make movies anymore and just went back to England to die. Boody tragic. Still reading Demon of the Waters. Also have The Tempest, At the Mountains of Madness, and Skin Tight ready to read. I think my next film book will be Conversations with Wilder whose format was inspired by Hitchcock/Truffaut (the book is a series of conversations between Cameron Crowe and Billy Wilder; I have read part of the book before, but this time I want to read it all the way through).

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home