4.04.2007

Obsession

I tend to become obsessed with songs, trailers, videos, and pieces of films. As you can see below, I am currently obsessed with the song Hallelujah. Really, I have been listening and attempting to sing this song, over and over and over again the last 24 hours and this will probably go on for a few days. Before this it was Matt Costa's The Road.

I do this as well with movie trailers. We won't go into how many times I have watched the Ocean's 13 trailer int he last few days. In fact, it currently sits on my desktop. Also, I find the Paprika trailer endlessly watchable right now. I first noticed my addiction to trailers when I used to watch The Avengers trailer over and over again in college.

I can also watch sequences from films repeatedly. The Sinnerman sequence in The Thomas Crown Affair remake or the bank heist and shoot out in Heat.

I am not really what it says about me that I get these obsessions. It is one of those faults I can see in me (one of a plethora); but there is nothing I can do about it. I get these obsessions and want to hear the song or see the work over and over again. I start de-constructing the pieces and finding the little nuances. I also try and workout how I can use what is given in the piece for either future writing or films.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home