8.16.2008

Tonight's Writing - THE VC

Copyright is mine, 2008. This is the scene I wrote tonight:

CUT TO:

THE KID is walking up past a line leading into a club. The Kid is dressed in a wrinkly suit. The flock waiting to get in is dressed in their club finest. Some look at The Kid so casually walking up to the front of the club. The Kid walks up to the doorman with the guest list. Says something, the doorman looks down, looks at The Kid, shakes his head, and lets him in. The sheep are visibly upset.

CUT TO:

The kid makes his way through the throng. He goes to a bar/

THE KID

Vodka rocks.

The Kid takes in the scene scanning and gauging the crowd. His drink arrives, he takes it and heads upstairs to the DJ booth.

CUT TO:

DJ

Well, looks what floated up. Shit does rise.

THE KID

Go fuck yourself. There’s a reason your handling the other room.

DJ

Good to see you boy.

THE KID

You to.

VC

Wow. Could you look less like you belong?

THE KID

Be glad I wore a suit. I thought about coming up here in the polo and cargos I had on. But hey, I figured its business I should look like I am doing it.

VC

Yes, it is my business.

THE KID

Look at this shit. Anyone use records anymore? CD’s at least?

VC

Fuck that. Laptop. I made the playlist earlier today. All ineed to do is control the volume and make sure everything runs ok.

THE KID

Hard fucking life you lead.

VC

Soon enough I am off.

THE KID

No shit? What you got going?

VC

Dallas. Going to be heading over there to help a software company start up.

THE KID

Fuck Dallas. Small city with 12 million suburbs. Plus three tons of evangelicals. Why do you think the strip clubs are so good? Try Austin. Cooler place.

VC

Maybe so. We are trying to figure out where and when is all. Get it out of our basements and into one centralized spot.

THE KID

Nice crowd you got down there. Little obvious who has the heat though.

VC

Yeah, I have to tell white boys like yourself not to hit on the pretty Vietnamese girls or the gangsters will get mad.

THE KID

Fucking gangsters. Their bravado is their downfall. They could point a gun at you from three feet away and hit everything but the mark.

VC

I will tell them you said that. Some of my best customers.

THE KID

Lucky for you. Need to talk by the way.

VC taps the DJ’s shoulder and sends him out.

VC

Talk. We are cool here.

THE KID

I need someone. Old job, but I need new dogs. Its not a game you have played before, but you will learn it pretty damn quickly. You always were better at chess than me.

VC

This the group you ran with back in school?

THE KID

The people that group worked for. The old group is gone. Jail, doctor, disappeared. Besides, I need people who aren’t loyal to the minders and instead are going to see the big picture.

VC

Why me?

THE KID

Like I said. You’re smarter than me. Plus you always could reign me in when I started going a little overboard. Look, these guys don’t know you. You are never going to have any real contact with them. I need you for this. I have to take everything and turn it around. I have to make one bad guy lose so the main villains get their’s.

VC

You have to be so damn cryptic? What the hell did these guys have you doing? What do they have you doing now? I mean look, I have it good right now, and I am about to have it a lot better.

THE KID

Then consider this as one last thing you can do for and to this place before you have the wakeup and catch the plane out of here. I need you brother.

VC

So, again, what is it?

THE KID

Politics. Pure politics for here. The best and favorite sport of all here. And you get to be one those ones who this time will know everything. All those whispers and the trying to read between the lines in the Picayune will be gone. Up front, close, and dirty politics.

VC

I never played that game. You know that. That was for others in the family, and even they got tired of it after awhile. Why do I want to go into this? Sure they get some nice perks now and then, but most of those old dogs are dying off.

THE KID

Exactly, but this is their chance for one last glory shot. They want to leave their mark before they go. But you get to be a part of the gag to stop it all and end it. But then again, you are going to have to let the current fuckwad and his people take some power. But brother, I have got one part of this you are gonna love. It is going to lay the groundwork for it all to come apart later.

VC

I do this, yougoing to listen to me?

THE KID

Maybe.

VC

You know you are going to have to give me some damn good explanations.

THE KID

All of them that I can make up.

VC

Who else is going to be in this?

THE KID

Our boy from down south.

VC

Down south? … Aw fuck. He’s insane. You know this right?

THE KID

Yep. But he comes prepared and prepackaged. And we know he can trust him to want to fuck with the system some.

VC

Some? You remember the shit he used to pull? God knows what he up to now.

THE KID

Making the world safer for the little man

VC

I don’t need to know.

THE KID

Cool. I am gonna go hit on some of your chicas now. Watch my back.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home